- Ph.D. Computer Science (1970), University of Texas at Austin
- Advanced Graduate Work in Comp. Science, Penn State Univ. (1967-69)
- Certificate A.D.P. and Computer Programming (1966), Indian Stat. Institute, India M.Sc. Applied Mathematics (1964), Calcutta University, India
- B.Sc. Honors in Mathematics (1961), Calcutta University, India
UCF Academic Experience
- Professor, Department of CS and EECS, 1995-Present- Full time Associate Professor, Department of CS, 1980-95, Full time
Other Academic Experience
- - Visiting Professor, Advanced Computing and Micro Electronics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India (On sabbatical leave from UCF), 2006 (Jan.)
- - Visiting Professor, School of Computing and Information Technology, University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK, (On sabbatical leave from UCF), 2005(Dec.)
- - Visiting Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez, (On sabbatical leave from UCF), 2005 (Oct.)
- - Visiting Professor, University of Genoa, Savona and Genoa Campus, Italy, (On sabbatical leave from UCF), 2005 (Sept)
- Member of Technical Staff, Department of Computing and Networking Technology, Bell Lab (On sabbatical leave) (1979 December – 1980 August) Full time.
Current membership in professional organizations:
- IEEE Life member, ACM, ASEE
Service Activities (within and outside of the institution for the past 5 years):
Outside of UCF:
- External PhD Thesis Examiner, IIT Patna, Patna, India, 2014
- External PhD Thesis Examiner, Grambling State University, 2013
- A keynote talk titled “Artifacts and Indicators Analysis in Cyber Security”, given on April 18 in 2013, IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence, April 15-19, 2013, Singapore - External Examiner of Habilitation Dissertation, University of Hannover, Hannover, Germany, 2012
- External PhD Thesis Examiner, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal , Mangalore, India, 2012
- NSF Panel, 2012
- Guest Co-Editor: Special Issue on Security and High Performance Computing, Journal of Computers, Vol. 4, No. 5, 2009
Within UCF For EECS
- Prepared the assessment report for the IT program for the year 2011-2012
- Prepared the assessment plan for the IT program for the year 2012-2013.
- Served as the chair for the CORC of the IT program, 2011 – Present
- Served as the faculty advisor for Delta Epsilon Psi fraternity, 2010 – Present
- Serve as the project director for the Planet Lab at UCF. Several Ph. D. students are currently working on their dissertation topic using the Planet Lab
- Served as a member of the Executive Committee of EECS Department, 2007 - Present ABET assessment coordinator for IT Program, Fall 2010 – Present
Publications (briefly list the most important from the past five years):
- Lugo-Cordero, H., R. Guha, and E. Ortiz-Rivera, “An Adaptive Cognition System for Smart Grids with Context Awareness and Fault Tolerance”, to appear, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2014
- H. L. Cordero and R. Guha, “What Defines an Intruder? An Intelligent Approach”, Proceedings of 2013 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence, April 15-19, 2013
- Ahmad, M.Z. and R.Guha. “Analysis of large scale traceroute datasets in Internet routing overlays by parallel computation”, Journal of Supercomputing, 62(3), 1425-1450, Nov 2012.
- Cazalas, J. and Ratan Guha, "GEDS: GPU Execution of Spatio-Temporal Queries over Spatio-Temporal Data Streams". Journal of Embedded Computing. pp 117-130. DOI: 10.3233/JEC-2012-0112.
- Cazalas, J. and Ratan Guha, "Performance Modeling of Spatio-Temporal Algorithms over GEDS Framework". International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing. pp 63-84. DOI: 10.4018/jghpc.2012-070104.
- C. Asanya and R. Guha, “CoTeFoLS: A Combinational Technique For Stopping SQLIA in Legacy System”, Proceedings of the Second Annual International Conference on Mobile Communications, Networking and Applications (MobiCONA 2012), June 18-19, 2012, Singapore, DOI: 10.5176/2251-225X_MobiCONA1240
- M.Z.Ahmad and R.Guha, Evaluating end-user network benefits of peering with path latencies, Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Computer Communication Networks (ICCCN), Munich, Germany, Aug, 2012.
- M.Z.Ahmad and R.Guha, A Tale of Nice Internet Exchange Points: Studying path latencies through major regional IXPs. Proceedings of 37th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Clearwater, FL, Oct 2012.
- M.Z.Ahmad and R.Guha, Analysing Global Triange Inequality Violations due to Internet Exchange Points for future overlay networks. Proceedings of 5th International Workshop on Architectures, Services and Applications – co-located with IEEE LCN 2012, Clearwater, FL, Oct 2012.
Professional Development Activities (for the past 5 years):
Professional Development course IDL 6543: Interactive Distributed Learning for Technology, Spring 2010.